- Arrange chairs in a circle facing outwards. Make sure there is one less chair than participants.
- Play music while everyone dances around the chairs, moving in a circle.
- When the music stops, everyone rushes to find a seat. Whoever doesn’t find a seat is eliminated and gets to choose the next song!
- Remove one chair and continue until only one chair remains and two finalists compete for the last chair!
- Use any instrument, noise maker or just clapping and body sounds.
- One leader makes a sound or a pattern of sounds and all participants try to copy that sound. (Ex. Stomp four times on the floor or clap 10 times very fast)
- There isn’t really a winner or looser just take turns with who gets to be the leader.
- Use any instrument, noisemaker or just clapping and body sounds.
- Form a long, single-file line.
- One leader yells “MARCH” and everyone follows along making noises with every step. The leader can count “Left, right, left, right”.
- When the leader yells “ATTENTION”, everyone freezes and waits for further instruction.
- The leader gives instructions like “Clap 5 times”. Everyone claps 5 times.
- The leader yells “MARCH” and the game repeats.
- Alternate who gets to be the leader, switch directions of the marching, try marching backwards or side-stepping. Be creative and have fun!
If You’re Happy & You Know it Game
- Play and sing the song “If you’re happy and you know it” like normal (clap our hands, stomp your feet, shout hurray)
- Take turns asking each kid what they like to do when they’re happy. If they say “jump up and down” work that into the lyrics of the song and all kids will do that thing. ex: If you’re happy and you know it: jump up and down!
- Try other fun things like imitating animals. ex: “if you’re happy and you know it, act like a monkey”.
- This really hypes the kids up and also tuckers them out so be warned!